Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bad day at work=productive day in office...new idea!!

Bad day at work today; too many customer service issues and “my phones broke” bingos. However, this bad day at work had me brainstorming another solid idea for my website. A widespread FAQ and troubleshooting section that consumers can navigate to AFTER they have purchased their new device. A basic troubleshooting page for each operating system would be extremely helpful to consumers. Rather than spend 20-30 minutes on the phone with a troubleshooting technician or waste gas driving to the store the consumer can just get on the web and find the appropriate answer or troubleshooting guide. Many times a week I have customers coming into the store complaining about their phone only to find out that it was a simple fix or trick that helped it operate the way it should. There are many quick fixes out there, now granted every phone is different as well as every issue this hopefully help filter out customers that need just a “quick fix” and save the in-store troubleshooting for the more in need customer. My site is all about simplicity and quality of information. I want the site to be a one-stop-shop for all the customer’s needs and more. The more features and sections I add to the site the better the site becomes which directly correlates to traffic and even profitability. I have a TON of work to do tonight before the deadline tomorrow at midnight. I usually hate working deadline to deadline like this but with my demand at work it is hard to get ahead and remain ahead. Eight to nine hour days become very exhausting especially when you’re dealing with angry customers which sometimes is unavoidable. Check back in tomorrow for my final post of the week which will include my goals for the second half of the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment